Sunday, March 17, 2019

2 Hotels; Haunted and a Bar Exam

On Wheels we pretty much always stayed at hotels. It was very fun being in hotel room with friends without my parents night after night! Our bus had two interesting experiences at two hotels we stayed at!

Rapid City, South Dakota:
Hotel Alex Johnson wasn't any ordinary hotel. Supposedly, it is haunted. Rumor has it that a female ghost referred to as the lady in "Lady in White" haunts the 8th floor especially Room 812. The woman frequently stayed at the hotel and supposedly jumped from a window in her room to her death. Some people believe it was a suicide, but others believe it was a murder. Many people on our bus began to freak out that we were going to stay in a haunted hotel. Our staff repeatedly told us that the hotel wasn't haunted, but we continued to persist. Some of us even downloaded ghost hunter apps to see if we could find some ghosts. We did a Lip Sync Battle Competition that night and another group made a skit using the Ghostbusters theme song which was very funny! (My group performed Let it Go.) Fortunately, we only stayed there for one night and I don't think any of us stayed on the 8th floor or saw any ghosts.

Portland, Oregon:
If you really know me, you would know that I'm very loud and talkative. Keeping my mouth shut is definitely a challenge for me. I was forced to be quiet for the entire night with my friends in my room and also in the morning while eating breakfast and repacking the bus. It was a challenge for me. Coincidentally, we stayed in a Red Lion Hotel the night before the Oregon Bar Exam. I remember going on the balcony to talk to my friends in another room next door. A woman scolded us to be quiet kind of rudely. I'm just trying to have fun with my friends. However, we got to pray Shacharit (the morning service outside) and got to see this cool view! Also, our staff told us that like 1/3 of people taking the Bar Exam end up failing anyways. 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Photo Gallery

Throughout my trip, I took photos at museums, National Parks, landmarks, etc. we visited along the way! I want to share with you some of my...